Melbourne Tourism Week is a great time to discover and experience all that Hobsons Bay has to offer. Here are some ideas to get you started.Call into the Hobsons Bay Visitor Information Centre to find out more aboutyour local area.
• Visit Scienceworks in Spotswood. Makelearning about science a fun and interactiveadventure.General admission is free forchildren and concessions.http://museumvictoria.com.au/scienceworks
• Embrace The Substation Artists’ Marketin Newport on Sunday 6 September from10am to 3pm. Remember, it’s on the firstSunday of every month.www.thesubstation.org.au
• Visit the Altona Homestead on Tuesdaysbetween 11am and 2pm and the first Sundayof the month between 2pm and 4pm.www.alhs.com.au/altona-homesteadmuseum/altona-homestead-history
• Visit the Williamstown Historical SocietyMuseum on the first and third Sunday of themonth from 2pm to 5pm.www.williamstownhistsoc.org.au
• Take a Spotswood Industrial HeritageWalking Tour on Friday 4 September from10am to 12pm.Bookings essential on 9932 4310.
• Discover spring garden delights in theWilliamstown Botanic Gardens with a freeguided walk on Thursday 3 September at11am. Bookings essential on 9932 4310.
• Experience life onboard the Sea Shepherd.Free tours operate at Seaworks, NelsonPlace, every Sunday from 12pm to 4pm.www.seashepherd.org.au
• Drop into the Health and Wellbeing Expo at Seaworks on Sunday 6 Septemberfrom 10am to 4pm. Free entry. For more information visit www.seaworks.com.au/health-and-wellbeing-festival/
• Visit Truganina Explosives Reserve onSunday 13 September from 1pm to 3pm.www.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au/truganinaexplosivesreserve
• Explore Williamstown’s hidden lanes,abandoned morgue and burial ground withLantern Ghost Tours on Friday and Saturdayevenings. Call 1300 390 119 to book.Take advantage of the two for one offer duringTourism Week*.www.lanternghosttours.comEnter Code: ‘Tourism’ at time of booking.
• Take a scenic seaplane flight.Call 0418 688 388 to book Take advantageof the 10% discount during Tourism Week*.www.seaplane.com.au
• Come aboard the HMAS Castlemaine Shipand Maritime Museum on Saturdays andSundays from 10am to 4pm. Take advantageof the two for one offer during Tourism Week*.
• Seaworks Maritime Discovery CentreOpen Sundays and Wednesdays from 11am to2pm. Take advantage of the $1 entry fee duringTourism Week* www.seaworks.com.au
• Sail on the Tall Ship Enterprize on Saturday19 September and Sunday 20 September.
• Rediscover the Railway Museum inWilliamstown North. Open from 12pm to 5pmon Saturdays. There are some 20 railwayengines with many carriages and wagons.